Be Kind. Be Conscious. Be Respectful.
Inner Space is a container for classes, community events, artists, practitioners and shops. Please be mindful when you enter the building. Speak and move softly as to not disturb any classes or treatments in session.
Here are some guidelines to follow in your classes at Inner Space. We very much appreciate your efforts to keep Inner Space a peaceful environment for healing, learning and community. <3
- ARRIVE EARLY - This is very important for you, your classmates and your instructor. Please arrive at least 5 minutes early to set up your space so that we may begin at the designated class time. If you are a new student, please arrive 10 minutes early to chat with your teacher and fill out your new student form. You will get more out of your practice if you can find a moment to close your eyes and center yourself before class begins. The doors will open 15 minutes before class and be locked when class begins on time.
FRAGRANCE FREE SPACE - What does that mean? Please refrain from wearing any fragrance (perfume, fragranced lotions, body sprays, etc.).
But what about when we burn incense?
This is a conscious spiritual practice that serves the space. We occasionally burn dried plants and plant resins.
What about essential oils and natural products?
Those are wonderful but please use with moderation.
- LEAVE THESE THINGS IN THE CUBBY ROOM - Shoes, purses, coats, phones, anything you won't need for your practice. We will lock the external door when class begins so that your things are secure.
- SILENCE YOUR PHONES - If you are a special case and "on call" let your teacher know before class.
- SPEAK AND MOVE SOFTLY IN THE ASANA ROOM - Finish up your chats in the foyer and enter the asana room conscientiously. Some yogis are counting on those few minutes before class begins to meditate and get centered.
- BE KIND - We are here to practice and heal together. Avoid harsh words toward yourself or others in the studio. Do not curse. You ARE WELCOME to have an emotional release or let your teacher know you are having a tough day. We are here to help.
-DON'T TALK DURING CLASS - If you need to ask the teacher a question please do so with a sensitivity to your meditative environment. Please refrain from chatting with your neighbor, making jokes, interrupting instruction when it is not necessary, etc. We all agree to follow this code so that we may share sacred space together and practice moving meditation.
- THANK YOU -